Photoshoot FAQs and Terms & Conditions
My dog is not very well behaved
Please don’t let your dog’s behaviour hold you back from booking a session.
During our time together, we use tricks and techniques to overcome any training issues your dog might have so we can still capture images for you to treasure forever. Your dog only needs to be in position for a split second for us to get the perfect shot.
My dog wears a harness normally
If your dog usually wears a harness, please bring a collar and a lead as well so that we can easily edit out the lead from the final images.
My dog cannot be let off the lead - is that a problem?
If needed, we will capture images with the lead included. The power of our post processing tools means that a lead can be removed from images in a matter of minutes, leaving you with an image similar to many others you see on our website.
Can I and my children be in the photos?
We enjoy capturing the special bond between dogs and their owners. Most owners like our "obscured owner" images, but we are always happy to capture posed portraits if requested. Please note that our main focus will always be on your dog.
Any tips regarding what to wear?
Even for obscured owner images, it's best to wear clothes that you like wearing and that are not distracting in terms of colour or texture.
How far will you travel for a session?
We will travel within an hour of Ascot, Berkshire for the photo shoot.
Can I help during the photo shoot ?
It can be pretty chaotic and all help is most appreciated. Arron is great at attracting your dog's attention, but we'd love you to be involved holding your dog on their lead or tempting them with a treat above Arrons’ camera.
Should I exercise my dog before the session ?
Most of our clients do not take their dog out before the shoot. If you do, please make sure it is a few hours before we start - otherwise it will likely impact the quality of the images and personality we can capture.
If the weather is poor on the day, can we re-schedule ?
If there is not enough light due to rain, heavy cloud, threat of storms or general unstable weather, we will gladly re-schedule.
Ts & Cs
1. All photo sessions must be paid for in full in advance. I do not offer refunds, unless on an occasion where I am unable to complete the photo session, for whatever reason. Or, if a dog becomes too ill for the shoot I am able to either offer a refund or you can gift the shoot to a friend and their dog.
2. If inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the photo session meeting my artistic standards, I may elect to use an alternate location or to reschedule the session at no extra cost to yourself.
3. The welfare of the dogs is my paramount priority. I reserve the right to refuse to do a shoot if I feel a dog's welfare is in any way compromised.
4. There are no minimum or maximum number of images taken or published as a result of sessions. My priority is quality and variety over quantity.
5. The client may postpone their shoot date at any time for any reason up to a week before the date, but after this date it must be a valid reason, eg. sickness, car breakdown etc. Postponing a shoot within a week of the date affects my ability to work and as such I may or may not accept the reason as valid and agree to a new date. I reserve the right not to go ahead with a shoot if a client has asked me to postpone the shoot (with what I deem an invalid reason) within 48 hours of the shoot date.
6. The Client
Agreeing to these terms and conditions warrants that he or she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all dogs included in the photos and shall indemnify and defend ohmydog & arronnewman.co.uk in the event of litigation arising out of such use. Digital files and previews and copyright of images remain the exclusive property of ohmydog and arronnewman.co.uk
7. Waiver of liability: client expressly releases the photographer, her employees and agents from all claims, damages, and liabilities that may result from accidents or incidents that occur during the photo session. This waiver of liability includes a waiver of any claim that may be a result of negligence.
8. Who owns the copyright?
I retain the copyright for all my images, except for pre-agreed commercial shoots. If you need to purchase the copyright to your images please contact OhMyDog or arronnewman.co.uk for further information, otherwise, digital images are sold on a PERSONAL USE LICENSE. If you purchase the digital files you will be free to post the files on social media and get high-resolution versions printed, but it is not permitted to sell them or enter them into any competitions as your own nor to use them for any commercial purpose. Full license T&Cs are available when you request to order the digital files, or you can request them from me at any time prior to booking.
9. Usage of the images after the shoot.
I reserve the right to use any image I take on a shoot in my marketing, whether this is in print, on social media, on stalls or on my website, or in any publication. excluding images which include people. There is a very small chance I may also use any image to sell as a product on the OhMyDog website (or any other online shop that may be created in the future) - this is a very small percentage of images I take if any. However, you can opt-out of allowing the use of images. The copyright still belongs to OhMyDog and arronnewman.co.uk (which basically means you can't sell the images or use them commercially).
13. If you feel you cannot agree to these terms we are happy to offer a full refund if requested within one year of purchase.